· High level understanding of technologies, procedures, and concepts within specialized area.
· Dedicate majority of their time to the development of new products / support of applications already in production.
· Mentor Analysts on technical and functional aspects of the applications.
· Adhere to pre-defined programming standards set by Application Architects.
· Develop recommendations regarding further definition of development standards and application architecture principles.
· Create documentation using established PMO standards.
· Perform unit testing and assists in user testing of programming modifications.
· Maintain technical knowledge through training or other measures.
· When assigned, prepared to address system problems during off hours with the guidance from other members of the development staff as needed.
· Provide technical estimates.
· Translate high-level requirements into detailed technical designs, and leads design sessions and code walk-throughs.
· Strong knowledge of relational database concepts, including interacting with databases from client applications using stored procedures required.
· Ability to read and create UML diagrams.
· Knowledge of source control systems such as VSS, CVS or TFS.
· Knowledge of trading protocols such as FIX, a big plus.
· Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook.
· Intermediate level proficiency with C++, C#, and OOP programming.
· Intermediate level proficiency with SQL databases.
· Intermediate level proficiency with APIs-JMS, COM, Sockets.
· Intermediate level proficiency with VSS source control systems.
· Basic level proficiency with Windows operating systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· 5+ years proven success as an application developer required.
· 5+ years programming experience using OOP and design patterns.
· 5+ years programming experience using C# and/or C++ required.
· 5+ years experience in designing, developing and debugging applications, with experience in single-threaded, multi-threaded and web service applications.
· Experience in Microsoft .NET 3.5 or higher.
· Experience in ASMX and WCF a plus.